Welcome, discuss here about the Fiat 500
Texas500
Nuovo Utente
Nuovo Utente
Nome: Texas500

Texas to Marche

Messaggio da Texas500 »

Ciao a tutti!

I do not have a 500 but I hope to own a 500 D Trasformabile soon. I search the Internet everyday trying to find the right car. The cars I find seem very high in price. Over 10k Euros. How much should I expect to pay for a very nice 500 D Trasformabile?? I do not want to restore. It must be complete and correct.

Now about me, I live near Senigallia. I moved here 7 months ago from Dallas, Texas. Back in Dallas I was very active with Classic Cars. I restored a 1968 Chevy C-10 truck. I built the truck myself over 3 yrs. It has won many awards. In February it will be featured in Custom Classic Trucks magazine (US). I also had a 1965 Shelby Cobra. I sold both cars when I moved to Italy. Now I feel lost without a classic. I considered bringing a Chevy from Dallas but the regulations are overwhelming. I decided to buy a 500. I want the 500 D Trasformabile because I do not see many on the road. I always see L and F.

-Joseph

I will add Google Translates version:
Ciao a tutti!

Non ho una 500, ma spero di possedere un 500 D Trasformabile presto. Cerco il quotidiano di Internet cercando di trovare l'auto giusta. Le vetture trovo sembrano molto alto prezzo. Più di 10k euro. Quanto dovrei aspettare di pagare per un bel 500 D Trasformabile? Non voglio ripristinare. Deve essere completo e corretto.

Ora su di me, io vivo vicino a Senigallia. Mi sono trasferito qui 7 mesi fa da Dallas, Texas. Torna a Dallas ero molto attivo con Classic Cars. Ho ripristinato un 1968 Chevy C-10 camion. Ho costruito il camion me oltre 3 anni. Ha vinto numerosi premi. Nel mese di febbraio sarà essere presenti in Custom Classic Trucks magazine (USA). Ho anche avuto un 1965 Shelby Cobra. Entrambe le vetture sono vendute quando mi sono trasferita in Italia. Ora mi sento persa senza di un classico. Ho considerato portando una Chevy da Dallas, ma le regole sono schiaccianti. Ho deciso di acquistare una 500. Voglio che la 500 D Trasformabile perché non vedo molti sulla strada. Vedo sempre L e F.

-Joseph
Texas500
Nuovo Utente
Nuovo Utente

Re: Texas to Marche

Messaggio da Texas500 »

Skindoc
Utente
Utente
Nome: Enrico

Messaggio da Skindoc »

Joseph, welcome with us!!! It is an honor to have you in this Forum. As world is really small, I live in Pesaro, really close to Senigallia (north). And world is small because I go regularly for a few days every year to see a colleague in Dallas. I will be there in March.

For your car, please be advised that you choose a very rare and expensive car. Pleople here rarely sell it, if they have one. And also keep in mind that the restoration, if you find one, is rarely avoidable, and also very long. Here on this forum, some friends can give you informations and tips.

Ciao
Skindoc
Utente
Utente

Messaggio da Skindoc »

Both you cars are fantastic!!!!
Texas500
Nuovo Utente
Nuovo Utente

Messaggio da Texas500 »

Hey Skindoc, thank you for the welcome. Since you are close, perhaps we can meet one day soon :)

I know the 500 D Trasformabile is rare. That is why I want one! :) I will have to pay the price of ownership!
I am okay with a little restoration. My garage is small so I cannot do a lot of work.

As you said, small world. I will be in Dallas in June for 4 weeks. I will return before it gets too hot!

-Joseph
King51
Utente
Utente
Nome: Claudio
Contatta:

Messaggio da King51 »

Joseph, WELCOME among us,
your cars are fantastic, compliments and congratulations for the restoration .... :wowo!!: amazing ..... :aa: :aa:
I hope you can soon find a 500 D, which is not easy, but seeing your craftsmanship in restorations even if the mass has not so well for you will be simple thing to let it shine.
Greetings from Caserta (Naples), and Merry Christmas
Claudio :s :s

P.S, sorry for my english
Un giorno ti sveglierai e ti renderai conto che forse non ci sarà più tempo per fare le cose che hai sempre sognato.....falle adesso!
Robertino82
Utente
Utente
Nome: Roberto
Contatta:

Messaggio da Robertino82 »

Hi Joseph.
Good to have US friends in here!!
Regarding the 500 D, I would say 10k is a good price for a car in good condition. It's rare compared to L or F but you can still find some on the internet. So, wait for the right choice!

Regards

Roberto
Pirumpella
Sostenitore
Sostenitore
Nome: Raffaele
Il Mio Garage: Fiat 500 R

Messaggio da Pirumpella »

Hi, Texas500, welcome to our country.
How you notice here in Italy it`s not a place for your big cars,so try to get a 500 .
Will be your nice car for many years.
Merry Christmas.
Pirumpella
Felipe500
Utente
Utente
Nome: Felipe

Messaggio da Felipe500 »

Texas500 nice to meet you and welcome in 500Forum.it, your cars are fantanstic but nothing compares to ours fiat 500 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

my best whishes that you find your 500 and we hope to see you personally at our first meeting in 2014 with :? :? or without a 500 !!!

Merry Christmas :s
La teoria è quando si sa tutto e niente funziona, ... pratica è quando tutto funziona e non si sa perché ... Albert Einstein ...
Texas500
Nuovo Utente
Nuovo Utente

Messaggio da Texas500 »

Grazie a tutti. Sono felice di aver trovato questo forum. Buon Natale a tutti voi!

Ok, oggi ho imparato che ogni 500 D può avere il rotolo terzino tetto (trasformabile?). Hai solo bisogno di un kit per fare il cambiamento. Che era una sorpresa per me. Sembra che imparo qualcosa di nuovo ogni giorno! Questo è positivo. Voglio sapere la vettura prima di acquistarlo e quindi devo fare più ricerca! Tuttavia, ora sono confuso. E 'meglio comprare la 500 D con il kit o no? Si tratta di un cambiamento comune? Non ho visto molti 500 D con il tetto trasformabile.

Thank you all. I am happy I found this forum. Merry Christmas to you all!

Okay, today I learned that any 500 D can have the full roll back roof (trasformabile?). You only need a kit to make the change. That was a surprise to me. It seems I learn something new everyday! That is good. I want to know the car before I buy so I must do more research! However, now I am confused. Is it better to buy the 500 D with the kit or not? Is this a common change? I have not seen many 500 D with the trasformabile roof.
Robertino82
Utente
Utente
Nome: Roberto
Contatta:

Messaggio da Robertino82 »

Hi Texas500, this is not really correct. The "D" model had a removable rooftop, but since the "F" model was released, the rooftop was part of the chassis and cuoldn't be removed anymore. You need to cut the chassis....
Manu
Utente
Utente
Nome: Manuel
Il Mio Garage: Fiat 500
Fiat 500

Messaggio da Manu »

yes. roberto is right. D model has a top removable easly. someone put a soft-top. but i don't like this. from N model to D change the roof, flat in N model to
"Vengo in pace, ma non è detto che ci resti!"
Skindoc
Utente
Utente

Messaggio da Skindoc »

Texas500,

I am currently out of Italy. As soon as I will be back, i will write you.

Happy Christmas, and continue to study!!!!!
Dmd Automotors
Utente
Utente
Nome: Marco

Messaggio da Dmd Automotors »

HI Texas500, BENVENUTO TRA NOI!! - WELCOME AMONG U.S. !!!
:ehi
Andrè
Utente
Utente
Nome: Andrea

Messaggio da Andrè »

Ciao Joseph, perdonami se non ti scrivo in inglese,benvenuto nel forum e nelle marche abito a pochi km da sangallia e forse ti é capitato di vedermi passeggiare sul lungomare con la mia 500R. Sarebbe un vero piacere incontrarti per fare due chiacchiere di persona riguardo le nostre 500 ,magari con l'aiuto dell'amico Skindoc. Se per caso ti é capitato di vedere un' Auburn parcheggiata davanti alla rotonda forse c'ero anche io (è di un caro amico).Buon Natale Andrè .
Rispondi

Torna a “INTERNATIONAL AREA”