Importing fiat 500

Welcome, discuss here about the Fiat 500
Yoni_d
Nuovo Utente
Nuovo Utente

Importing fiat 500

Messaggio da Yoni_d »

Hi All

I am not from Italy and I wanted to know if it is possible to buy the old Fiat 500 and take it out of Italy to my country?
I heard that it might be not possible to do it becasue you have a law that doesnt allow people that are not from Italy (and not from the EU) to buy the old Fiat 500 from Italy and take it out of Italy to my country...

Can somebody help me with this issue?

Antonio_Rossi53
Utente
Utente

Re: Importing fiat 500

Messaggio da Antonio_Rossi53 »

hi, where are you from? basicly,the situation is as follow:you can buy a car in italy,prepare papers for export,and send it by a professional transporter(a little expensive,but depends from the final destination)or buy the car and drive it to your country if is possible(you can't drive the ocean!) and after,according to the rules of your country,get the registration there and send the old italian papers or a certificate of foreign registration to the old italian owner,to allow him to cancel the car from the register in italy:this needs a faithful seller,and not all people in italy is so,but you can find somebody...but if you want a 500,I have 3 very nice cars to sell!(I'm not a seller,I like very much to restore and after I prefere to sell and fix another!)have a nice sunday!
Yoni_d
Nuovo Utente
Nuovo Utente

Messaggio da Yoni_d »

antonio_rossi53 ha scritto:hi, where are you from? basicly,the situation is as follow:you can buy a car in italy,prepare papers for export,and send it by a professional transporter(a little expensive,but depends from the final destination)or buy the car and drive it to your country if is possible(you can't drive the ocean!) and after,according to the rules of your country,get the registration there and send the old italian papers or a certificate of foreign registration to the old italian owner,to allow him to cancel the car from the register in italy:this needs a faithful seller,and not all people in italy is so,but you can find somebody...but if you want a 500,I have 3 very nice cars to sell!(I'm not a seller,I like very much to restore and after I prefere to sell and fix another!)have a nice sunday!

Hi,

I am from Israel so there is no ocean between us :)
Thanks for your reply...If I understood you correctly, the Seller should ship the car out of Italy BEFORE he cancels the register on his car and he can do it ONLY if he has a certificate of an of foreign registration?
If so, it does sounds complicated since it will be hard to find that kind of faithful seller...the buyer has to be also quit faithful :)
Can you please tell me a little about the 500 that you have? My original plan was to buy a car for restoration ...I had Lancia Beta HPE so hard work doesnt scares me :) but if it will be in my budget I will buy 500 also after restoration.
Can you please send me some pictures of your cars, tell me some details and tell me their price?
My email is: davidson_yoni@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot,
Jonathan.
Chris
Utente
Utente
Nome: Chris

Messaggio da Chris »

Not exactly Jonathan : on the Italian side, all formalities are done by the seller. One of this is to cancel the car from the register since he doesn't own the car anymore. But rather : what kind of papers YOU need to register the car in Israel : is a simple bill of sale enough ? Do you need the original registration paper (called "libretto" here) ?
The easiest way is like antonio said : the seller leaves the car with the plates and documents on, and you send it back after you register it in Israel. The best, but you won't find may people disposed to do so, since it needs a little bit of faith into the buyer. Other way : the seller keeps the plates and papers (in order for him to cancel them in Italy) and lets you a copy of them, plus the extract from the Italian registry (called "visura" here), which is an official paper telling the "story" of the car. In many countries, this is enough to register the car in its new homeland.
But you can be sure that you can buy a 500 here and bring it to your country. There aren't any laws that prohibit it !

;)
Jw500
Nuovo Utente
Nuovo Utente

Messaggio da Jw500 »

Hallo
two of my cars are directly from italy. My giardiniera was running 6 years in germany and is now under restauration. My600 L is bought from an italian man wo was living in germany, with italian shields and then i registered here in germany.
You can buy any 500 in italy and bring the car out of this country.
Last week i bought an 500 N in Sweden and brought him on a trailer to germany. The only thing i had
to do was: driving. No control, no papers, no tax...
Thats realy nice in EU...
I also think the only thing you must now is the law of israel for importing cars.
Maybe you must pay taxes and so on.
The same problem we have with cars from svizerra, that is in europe but not in Eu.

But now my question:

chris ( are you chris500 in german 500forum? ) said:
"plus the extract from the Italian registry (called "visura" here), which is an official paper telling the "story" of the car. In many countries, this is enough to register the car in its new homeland."

Is it possible to get this visura for cars that are not in italy since a few years?
And if yes, what must i do to get this?

ciao
jürgen
500 is the best
Yoni_d
Nuovo Utente
Nuovo Utente

Messaggio da Yoni_d »

Chris ha scritto:Not exactly Jonathan : on the Italian side, all formalities are done by the seller. One of this is to cancel the car from the register since he doesn't own the car anymore. But rather : what kind of papers YOU need to register the car in Israel : is a simple bill of sale enough ? Do you need the original registration paper (called "libretto" here) ?
The easiest way is like antonio said : the seller leaves the car with the plates and documents on, and you send it back after you register it in Israel. The best, but you won't find may people disposed to do so, since it needs a little bit of faith into the buyer. Other way : the seller keeps the plates and papers (in order for him to cancel them in Italy) and lets you a copy of them, plus the extract from the Italian registry (called "visura" here), which is an official paper telling the "story" of the car. In many countries, this is enough to register the car in its new homeland.
But you can be sure that you can buy a 500 here and bring it to your country. There aren't any laws that prohibit it !

;)
Hi!

Well, basically in order to import a car into Israel I need the following things:
1) Car Title - Title its a paper that has all car details like the engine number, chassis number etc...If the car licence has that info then it is enough
2) copy of the Car Licence
3) I am not sure, but I might need a copy of the "libretto" paper as well
4) if possible, payment receipt.

As I see it, the other option ("the seller keeps the plates and papers (in order for him to cancel them in Italy) and lets you a copy of them, plus the extract from the Italian registry (called "visura" here), which is an official paper telling the "story" of the car") is enough.

I will have to pay 112.5% when the car will reach Israel :( so thats why I need to find a car in a good price from a good person :).
Its very good to hear that there are no laws that preventing me from importing Fiat 500 to my country...now I just have to find a car...
Chris
Utente
Utente

Messaggio da Chris »

@Jonathan :
From what you say you have to be in possession of the registration papers : the title and license are the same thing in Italy, the "libretto". So you have to find somebody disposed to leave this with the car, and you'll have to send it back to him.
The visura is nothing else than a print of the last registration data of the car. Chassis number, date of registration and some tech data (power, displacement and so on). It's NOT a copy of the real libretto, only the print from an archive.
The AMAZING thing are the duties : 112.5% of the price !!!! Never heard of that. How do you do to buy cars in Israel, since you have to import every car, not having a national manufacturer. Are you sure it's not 12.5 % ?
Let's assume you pay the 500 1000 € here, that means you'll pay 1125 € of duties for a total cost of 2125 € ? It seems incredible to me.

@Jürgen : yes it's possible, but if the car didn't had any news in its story since 1992, it's not in the digital archive, which is quite easy to query : you put the last plate number in an online site and you pay by CC. Then you'll get a page with this info. If you can't find the plate , it's either been canceled or not been passed into digital. Then it's harder to get this paper since you have to ask a motoring agency in the Province of the last plate.
Jw500
Nuovo Utente
Nuovo Utente

Messaggio da Jw500 »

[quote="Chris
@Jürgen : yes it's possible, but if the car didn't had any news in its story since 1992, it's not in the digital archive, which is quite easy to query : you put the last plate number in an online site and you pay by CC. Then you'll get a page with this info. If you can't find the plate , it's either been canceled or not been passed into digital. Then it's harder to get this paper since you have to ask a motoring agency in the Province of the last plate.[/quote]

Hi
this sounds good.
My giardiniera came 1999 to me( i think i can find the plate number), and my L was registered till 2002 in italy and the plates are mounted in my garage.
But where can i find the online page?
Ciao
Jürgen
500 is the best
Yoni_d
Nuovo Utente
Nuovo Utente

Messaggio da Yoni_d »

Chris ha scritto:@Jonathan :
From what you say you have to be in possession of the registration papers : the title and license are the same thing in Italy, the "libretto". So you have to find somebody disposed to leave this with the car, and you'll have to send it back to him.
The visura is nothing else than a print of the last registration data of the car. Chassis number, date of registration and some tech data (power, displacement and so on). It's NOT a copy of the real libretto, only the print from an archive.
The AMAZING thing are the duties : 112.5% of the price !!!! Never heard of that. How do you do to buy cars in Israel, since you have to import every car, not having a national manufacturer. Are you sure it's not 12.5 % ?
Let's assume you pay the 500 1000 € here, that means you'll pay 1125 € of duties for a total cost of 2125 € ? It seems incredible to me.

@Jürgen : yes it's possible, but if the car didn't had any news in its story since 1992, it's not in the digital archive, which is quite easy to query : you put the last plate number in an online site and you pay by CC. Then you'll get a page with this info. If you can't find the plate , it's either been canceled or not been passed into digital. Then it's harder to get this paper since you have to ask a motoring agency in the Province of the last plate.
Yep 112.5% :-( its amazing! the situation with regular new cars is much different...its only when you import a car by your self. its hard enough to import a car so to "help" you you also have to pay 112.5% oh and of course the V.A.T tax which is 15%.

I dont think that I have to be in possession of the registration papers I just need an offical copy of those papers. Thats all.

Since I dont know Italian, can you please refer me to web-sites or maybe to people you know that sell the 500?

Thanks ;)
Chris
Utente
Utente

Messaggio da Chris »

Jw500 ha scritto: Hi
this sounds good.
My giardiniera came 1999 to me( i think i can find the plate number), and my L was registered till 2002 in italy and the plates are mounted in my garage.
Ciao
Jürgen
https://servizi.aci.it/VisureOnline/welcome.do

But I've just seen it'll ask for your address and italian fiscal code, which you don't have...
If you have a real need for this info, PM me and we'll try to do something. It costs 5,62 € per plate.
Chris
Utente
Utente

Messaggio da Chris »

@Jonathan : I don't know any 500 for sale at the moment, but eBay could be your friend ...
What did antonio_rossi53 tell you ? have you got pics ?
Jw500
Nuovo Utente
Nuovo Utente

Messaggio da Jw500 »

Chris ha scritto:
Jw500 ha scritto: Hi
this sounds good.
Ciao
Jürgen
https://servizi.aci.it/VisureOnline/welcome.do

But I've just seen it'll ask for your address and italian fiscal code, which you don't have...
If you have a real need for this info, PM me and we'll try to do something. It costs 5,62 € per plate.
ok i will look for the original plates and then i "pn" you for a little transaction of data and money...
thank you for the moment

ciao
juergen
500 is the best
Jw500
Nuovo Utente
Nuovo Utente

Messaggio da Jw500 »

Hallo
you have pn
ciao
Jürgen
500 is the best
Yoni_d
Nuovo Utente
Nuovo Utente

Messaggio da Yoni_d »

Chris ha scritto:@Jonathan : I don't know any 500 for sale at the moment, but eBay could be your friend ...
What did antonio_rossi53 tell you ? have you got pics ?

Havent heard from him since :( I will try to send him a message...
In eBay the cars are very expansive...I think that in this web site the prices are much more logical:

http://www.autoscout24.it/

I think that way anyway...
Yoni_d
Nuovo Utente
Nuovo Utente

Messaggio da Yoni_d »

antonio_rossi53, antonio_rossi53,

Hi again

Can you please tell about your 500's that are for sale or maybe even send me some pictures?
davidson_yoni@yahoo.com

Best regards,
Jonathan
Rispondi

Torna a “INTERNATIONAL AREA”